After School Activities
NEW >>> D.E.L.O.R.E.S. Works
We are excited to collaborate with D.E.L.O.R.E.S. Works to offer after school classes at Richfield STEM Elementary for students in grades 2-5. The classes are taught by amazing community experts who are passionate about student success! This group of classes is known as “The Scenery of Learning.”
- Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m. from Feb. 28 - May 18 (no classes March 28 & 30 or April 4 & 6).
- While these classes are open to all students, we will prioritize students who need academic support.
- Class sizes are limited to around 15 students. Once classes are filled, any additional students will be placed on a waitlist.
- Please register online by Thursday, Feb. 17. Families will be notified by February 21 of their child’s enrollment status.
- Transportation is provided for those who meet district transportation guidelines.
- An afternoon snack is provided.
- All the D.E.L.O.R.E.S. Works courses are free.
D.E.L.O.R.E.S. Works Course Options
- I am Resources: Possibilities through Gardening (grade 2)
- Community Building through Hands-on Art and Crafts (grade 3)
- Expressing Feeling through Music with Dr. Hines (grades 4-5)
- Who Am I through the Lens of My Community? (grades 4-5)
I am Resources: Possibilities through Gardening (grade 2)
Community Building through Hands-on Art and Crafts (grade 3)
Expressing Feeling through Music with Dr. Hines (grades 4-5)
Who Am I through the Lens of My Community? (grades 4-5)
Richfield Community Education
Richfield Community Education provides opportunities for enrichment and recreation activities where youth can explore and experience areas of interest, build skills and relationships, and establish community connections.
Activities are presented in a fun and safe environment with plenty of hands-on involvement. Classes vary and may include cooking, martial arts, drama, arts and crafts, languages, sports and more!
After school classes meet at Centennial, Sheridan Hills, Richfield Dual Language and Richfield STEM schools. Additional youth enrichment classes meet on evenings, school release days and during the summer. Seasonal youth fliers are sent home with students from school and included in the districtwide Community Education catalog.
View class offerings or register online through the Richfield Community Education registration website.
Richfield Fun Club is a non-profit organization that provides school-age child care before and after school from 6:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Experienced and caring staff engage children in a variety of activities that include outside time, gym activities, drawing and coloring, arts and crafts and computer lab. Fun Club is also open on school release days with the exception of national and district holidays.
|Before school||$10 per day||$50 per week|
|After school||$15 per day||$75 per week|
|Before & after school||$20 per day||$100 per week|
|Non-school days||$39 per day|
*Fun Club rates as of 7/2022 and are subject to change.
The mission of Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. is to support individuals and families in their efforts to develop competent, caring and responsible youth by connecting them to our community. In addition to connecting youth and families to community activities, Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. supports participation in positive youth development experiences by providing scholarships to help cover the cost of program fees.
- Any youth attending Richfield public or non-public schools is eligible. If you have a Bloomington address and are enrolled in a Richfield school, you may use this for a Bloomington youth activity.
- Scholarships are for any Richfield youth activity.
- Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. has a limited amount of scholarship dollars available and is only to be used for program fees, not for costumes, uniforms, travel expenses or tickets.
Apply for a Scholarship
- Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. is now accepting scholarship applications. Apply at the link below.
- Current maximum scholarship of $75 per year. Scholarship max amounts are subject to change based upon available funding.