Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to sign up for fall conferences.
- October 13 and 14 during fall conferences.
- After your conference, your teacher will give you a card to bring your child to the STEM Media Center to have their picture taken.
- First come, first serve system.
- If you are participating in a virtual Conference or your child is in distance learning, make sure to set some time aside to come to STEM and get the card from the main pffice, so that your child can have their picture taken.
- Doors Open for students at 7:15 a.m. Students should wait by the front door or inside the vehicle until 7:15 a.m.
- Class Starts at 7:30 a.m. and the day ends at 2 p.m.
- Use the whole curb along the front of the building and keep moving forward to make the flow continuous and faster.
- And remember, RIGHT TURN ONLY as you exit the parking lot!
- Attendance: Call the attendance line at 612-798-6000 if your child will not be participating in school either virtually or in-person.
Walk & Bike to School Week is Oct 5-9
All of next week we’re celebrating Walk & Bike to School Week. Visit this page to learn more about the Safe Routes to School.
Changes to the Hybrid Model
We are excited to announce that we will be adding two days per week to the hybrid program for students in grades 3-5. This means that students in K-5 will attend class Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. This change will take effect starting Monday, October 19.
Transportation: Over the next two weeks, our transportation staff will work to update routes to accommodate this new schedule. So far, we have had fewer students riding the bus than anticipated, which will help in the routing.
Social Distancing & Class Size: With this change, it will mean some elementary classes may have up to 22 students, depending on the size of the classroom. While social distancing and reduced capacity along with added safety measures remain a priority, the Hennepin County COVID-19 case rate is low enough that we are not restricted by the 50% capacity limit guideline. Please know that we will continue to do our best to maintain these small classes as we remain in our hybrid model.
As a reminder to all RPS families, you have the opportunity to change your child’s enrollment to distance learning at any time and you will have the opportunity to change to the hybrid program during the upcoming grading period (as space allows). If you are considering a change in your child’s enrollment preference, please contact your school directly.
You can apply online at schoollunchapp.com for your School Benefits (a.k.a. Free/Reduced Lunch). It takes about 10 minutes to complete. If you need assistance, contact the main office. For more information about meals, menus, etc., visit our Nutrition Services web page.
Book Checkout from the Media Center
Book checkout will begin soon! And as we prepare for book checkouts, we are asking families to please return all books from last school year. If something has been lost, please just let us know. There will be no fines levied this year for last year's books.
R-STEM Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
- The next PTO meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, Oct. 6, at 6:30 p.m.
- The meeting link was emailed to families in the October 2 Weekly Newsletter. To help prevent "Zoombombing," we do not post meeting links on the website.
- Agenda items include fundraising updates, conference meals, the principal's message and movie night.
- The Virtual Book Fair will be held October 8-21. More information in a few days!
- A BIG PTO thanks to everyone who supported the fall catalog fundraiser through Club's Choice! Catalog sales and direct donations brought in over $11,000 for RSTEM PTO! Our biggest fundraiser of the year allows us to fulfill teacher wish lists and purchase shirts for every student in the school!
- Also, the R-STEM PTO is partnering with Gertens Greenhouses to fulfill your holiday decorating needs. There will be five different items that you will be able to purchase: wreath, snowflake wreath, poinsettia, succulent garden, and outdoor winter mixed planter. Watch next week's newsletter for more details and a link to the website to order this beautiful product!