We are very excited to start the 2020-21 school year and eager to reconnect with all of our students and families after so many months apart. As we begin school this fall, we will provide both models of education for the school year: hybrid and distance learning. You were asked to sign-up for one via our Fall Survey. You can learn more about these learning models by visiting the District website.
Back to School Conferences and Device Check-out (September 8 & 9)
With the many changes that are happening around the school year, we will host a back-to-school event here at R-STEM on September 8 and 9. We will send you the Sign-up Genius Link once we have it all ready for you. These conferences will be in lieu of the open house event we have had in years past. The one-on-one conference will allow you and your child to meet their teacher for the upcoming school year, go over some questions you may have, as well as to receive a device for your child to use for the year.
Building Construction Update
As a silver lining, we are fortunate that the construction and remodeling of our school was able to continue throughout the time we were not on-site. The crews completed all of the updates and finished all minor details, and as you visit us for the back-to-school conferences, you will be able to see some of the work that was done here at R-STEM.
Information and Supplies
We understand that many of you have questions about what the start of school is going to look like. We ask you to be patient with us for a little bit longer. We are in the process of assigning teachers to students over the next few days, determining how PPE supplies will be organized and distributed, and we will share information with staff and families as final decisions are made.
We ask that when you visit R-STEM, you and your child wear a mask at all times and that your child brings their own water bottle to use for the day, along with a mask for the hybrid model. We will have a limited supply of masks and water bottles to give out to students, if necessary.
Along these lines are the school supply lists. We ask that you buy as many of these supplies as you are able and to keep them at home. Teachers will ask for them as they are needed for both hybrid and distance learning.
More information about busing will be shared in the coming days.
- Back-to-school conferences: September 8 & 9
- Distance learning for all students: September 8-11
- Hybrid classes will be on September 14 at 7:30 a.m.
- Doors open for students at 7:15 a.m.
- Class starts at 7:30 a.m.
- Day ends at 2 p.m.
We want to remind families who have signed up for the School Benefits (a.k.a. Free/Reduced Lunch) that this is an annual program that requires families to re-apply EVERY YEAR, the sooner the better. You can apply online at http://www.schoollunchapp.com/.
It takes about 10 minutes to complete and is processed in about 48 hours by our Nutrition Department. For more information about meals, payments and to download a PDF version of the School Benefits application, visit our Nutrition Services page.
These School Benefits also help our schools by receiving extra funding from the state for programs that help ALL students in the school.
R-STEM Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
We would like to thank the PTO, our teachers and many of our amazing families for helping out in several ways this summer.
- Mrs. Edstrom, our Art Specialist Teacher, organized a weekly clean-up of our courtyard/garden (weeding, planting, mulching). Many members of the PTO helped out by gathering, donating or providing supplies and human power!
- PTO members donated some snacks for the staff’s first day back at STEM.
- Parents/guardians and children did an amazing job writing and drawing beautiful messages for staff, but it was washed away due to the rain early Friday morning.
- A carwash fundraiser took place with the RFD.
- Over the summer, new board members were elected.
- You can click on this link: https://rstempto.com/ or follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rstempto
Face Covering Survey
We are looking for feedback around our mask policy from our critical partners, parents, guardians, and staff. Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts and feedback. Click on this link to learn more: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScR-b6Xk0sVVdTPM9bgfxq-2aCcdZz18gjdsgfA-s1aeYlQQQ/viewform